Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the-pop-shop



I went out to lunch with my friend Brynn today. We decided to eat at the fabulous Pop Shop located in Collingswood, NJ. I've eaten here twice before and I adore the atmosphere and their widespread menu! They serve breakfast (any time, I believe), are known for their grilled cheese sandwiches (even Bobby Flay has a signature sandwich there!), and have a gazillion desserts to choose from. Oh, and it's very kid-friendly. Saturdays are pajama day. They even get to walk away with their very own 'pop shop' balloon.



For an appetizer we had pigs in a blanket. After what seemed like hours, I'm sure, I finally settled on "The Stokes" grilled cheese; which consisted of american cheese, with tomato and applewood smoked bacon. But then I had to be difficult and make it 'my own' so I also added caramelized onions, avocado, and had it on sourdough bread, rather than white. :) Let me tell you, it was delish!!





Afterward, we decided to walk around a bit and we found this antique shop called The Painted Cottage that had such lovely pieces in front of the store.







Needless to say, I had a blast taking photos! It's invigorating to find amazing simplicities of items and places around you, and they've always seemed to be there, but you had yet to discover its beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment